Dr A. T. Pierson once said, 'There has never been a spiritual awakening in any country or locality that did not begin in united prayer.'

Sunday, May 6, 2007

Send Revival

I guess, since today is the first day this site has been up, and I don't have much else to post, I will tell a little story.

ASU did this thing where they had 40 days of non stop prayer. When you think about it, 40 days is a long time, but they did it. Yeah, I was impressed. I actually went down there a couple times, and they had some really cool stuff going on there. In fact, it was so cool, I borrowed a lot of their ideas...they'll get over it. God was really doing some neat things from what I saw and I was only there a few times. I want to give God the chance to move in our school; to send a revival sweeping through the halls at Mesquite High School. I have had this desire on my heart for a long time, and just now He has let me know that this is how He wants to start.

Let me expand on this revival idea. School started on August 9 last year, and ever since, I think God has really put on my heart this idea of a revival. I did what all good Christians do when God is trying to tell them something, and I ignored it as much as I could. How can God send a revival at Mesquite? We are the second biggest school in Arizona. "God, that is impossible. It's too hard, it's too big, there is no way that is ever going to happen!" Man, I dealt with all of that. "Are you serious Luke," He said to me. "Nothing is too big for me."

Nothing is too big for God? Wow. How different would we live if that was our mindset every day? I think we would be seeing a lot more Jim Elliots and more Martin Luthers. We all have the potential to be used by God for great and amazing things. Someone reminded me a couple of months ago about the Pentecost in Acts 2 when Peter is delivers an amazing sermon and 3000 people are saved right there. According to the official website of Mesquite High School, there are 2853 students enrolled. This should be no sweat!

So anyway, I gave up and gave in to God's plan, and now I am here. This whole idea of 24 hours of prayer has gone through so much, and someone along the line said that for this to happen, then God would really have to be behind it.

It's all for You, here we are, here we are.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll do it!

Lindseyyyy K said...

luke! this is going to be so cool! and ill be there i just dont know what time yet... so tell me and alaina if you need any help with anything because we would be glad to help!

Unknown said...

Luke Miller, this web site is awesome. I was expecting a lot less, but you put a LOT of time into it.
Great job, really, and the colors aren't bad at all :)

Okay, so I am way pumped about this. I've been praying for it, and this web page is even moreso a reminder to give it to God completely. I am so excited to see what he's going to do in these 24 hrs and the many days/years after this!

Let me know if I can help at ALL. I'm going to try to print stuff out and spread the words as much as possible tomorrow.

Thanks for all the work you've done, Luke, that doesn't go unnoticed!

In Christ's love, and mine also.

Stace

"Someone said that when we work, we work; but when we pray, God works. His supernatural strength is available to praying people who are convinced to the core of their beings that he can make a difference. Skeptics may argue answered prayers are only coincidences, but as an English archbishop once observed, "It's amazing how many coincidences occur when one begins to pray."